Punctuality & Attendance We want each student to experience the excitement of progress from week to week – the key to that is consistent practice and consistent attendance
- It is very important for students to arrive on time for their scheduled lessons. Lessons are scheduled back to back; therefore, we are unable to run into the next student’s lesson time.
- Consistent attendance is vital to success. With this in mind, please attend all scheduled lesson.
Tuition & Payment
- Lesson tuition of four or five weeks is accepted in monthly installments and must be paid by the first scheduled lesson of each month. No lesson will be given if tuition is not prepaid.
- Acceptable forms of payment are cash, personal check.
- If 48-hour notice of cancellation is not given, the student forfeits the lesson, and will be charged.
Canceling or missing a lesson does not reduce or delay payment. No-shows will not be made up under any circumstances.
If the instructor has to cancel a lesson, a make-up will be given, or credit will be applied to the account.
Student Preparation & Participation We want each student to learn and have fun yet maintain Discipline
- Students are expected to put effort into their homework. Success is based on the implementation of the exercises and studies given to the student.
- Students are expected to come to class prepared. remembering to bring their course material/instrument to Class
- If there is more than one absence in a calendar month, make-ups will be arranged if time and space permit; however, the instructor is not obligated.
- All make-ups must be done in the same month as the absence.
- There are no “make-ups of make-ups”. If the student misses the make-up lesson, the lesson is forfeited. No refunds will be issued for student’s absences; however, a credit will be issued for a teacher absence.
Equipment We want each student to experience the ease of Learning Music
- Student must have their own instrument, including a guitar/bass/ukulele, picks, and tuner. All of these will be discussed between Parents and Teacher on the first meeting.
- Playability Instrument is MUST. Please do not buy any Toy as an instrument . Kids will learn twice or more way faster with ease to play guitar/bass/ukulele rather than “hard/unplayable” instruments.
- Guitar/Bass/Ukulele Must have their standard Intonation quality. playing instrument will develop musical hearing which can recognize music pitch, tone and scale. “imagine if the instrument itself out of intonation”
- Students must maintain and keep their instrument clean.
Parents Participation We want each student to have their best support from their parents also share musical experience with family and friends
- Parents are welcome on the first day class Only, please ask any questions or concerns that you may have during the class to help and support your Children Succeed
- The most effective forms of parent involvement are those, which engage parents in working directly with their children on learning activities at home.
Liability Disclaimer & Notices: please read carefully
I individually and as parent and/or guardian of the minor child identify above (Page 1) hereby acknowledge the following notices and grant to JGL the following release from liability:
- I understand and certify that my child’s participation in any Class or program is completely voluntary. I acknowledge and fully understand that I or my child will be engaging in physical activities that may involve some risk of injury. I assume the foregoing risks and accept full personal responsibility for any personal injuries sustained by my child which might incur a s a result of participating in this program and discharge and hold harmless to JGL, the instructor and its personnel from any claim, cause of action or liability for damages arising from any personal injury to my child or other persons or property cause by myself or my child’s participation in the Jackwind Guitar Lesson program.
- I understand that my child may be photographed during participation in said activities and I give my consent for pictures to be used for promotion for Jackwind Guitar Lesson.
Upon enrollment and receipt of this lesson policy, the student and parent/guardian agree to the above terms.